Other Items of Interest
- No related articles at this time
- "Detailgetreue Simulation des menschlichen Auges," BioPhotonik (Deutsch)
- "Breault Research Innovates in Video Education," Opto-electronics Report
- "Software Advances Human Eye Modeling," SPIE Newsroom
- "Simulation der Lichtstreuung in menschlicher Haut," Photonik (Deutsch)
- "Creative Ray Tracing," Photonik
"Bulb Library Models Common Light Sources," Computers and Software, Laser Focus World
Article Type: Magazine Articles
Updated: Oct 01, 1998
Author(s): Michael Stevenson
"The ASAP™ Bulb Library (Breault Research Organization; Tucson, AZ) provides a working virtual model of both the photometric and physical presence of common illumination sources. The Bulb Library features a growing set of primarily tungsten halogen sources and will soon include high-intensity-discharge (HID) sources. Bulbs used in the automotive, entertainment, projection-display, and architectural-lighting industries have been characterized.
The library files allow an optical designer to simulate the emissive properties of the filament, the refractive properties of the glass envelope, and the scattering and reflective properties of the glass envelope tip-off, as well as the glass, metal, and plastic parts of the lamp base. For each featured bulb, a complete CAD model has been constructed and imported into ASAP as 30 to 300 entities in a single ready-to-use library file. The use of a predefined source frees the analyst from the task of constructing a source model. Custom models are also made for sources that are not predefined in the Bulb Library. ..."