Other Items of Interest
- ASAP REMOTE FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- ASAP REMOTE for distributed processing: Setting up, starting, and running instructions
- Configuring Windows XP with SP2 for ASAP REMOTE
- CAD Export
- Importing CAD Output Files to ASAP
- Using the CAD to ASAP Translator
- CAD in ASAP
- Stray Light Analysis in ASAP
Configuring Windows 7 for ASAP REMOTE
Article Type: Documentation
Updated: Mar 13, 2012
Author(s): Breault Research Organization
This technical publication describes the minimal configuration of the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system before using ASAP REMOTE. This document applies to the Advanced Systems Analysis Program (ASAP®) from Breault Research Organization (BRO).
Before applying the steps described in this document to a computer in support of ASAP REMOTE, you should have familiarity with the Windows DCOM and Firewall settings, and administrator permissions for the local and remote computers. The steps in this publication must be repeated for each computer with the same version of ASAP installed, so that you can use the ASAP REMOTE feature on other specified computers.
BRO does not assume risk or damages that may occur by individuals using this procedure to alter the default access configurations of their computers for component or Windows Firewall settings. Consult your IT policies before implementing these settings.