Other Items of Interest
- No related articles at this time
- "Detailgetreue Simulation des menschlichen Auges," BioPhotonik (Deutsch)
- "Breault Research Innovates in Video Education," Opto-electronics Report
- "Software Advances Human Eye Modeling," SPIE Newsroom
- "Simulation der Lichtstreuung in menschlicher Haut," Photonik (Deutsch)
- "Optical Software in '07: Isn't that Easy?" Photonics Tech Briefs
"Creative Ray Tracing," Photonik
Article Type: Magazine Articles
Updated: Mar 22, 2007
Author(s): Bernhard Michel, Eberhard Lange
"For virtual prototyping in the industry, non-sequential ray tracers are becoming more and more common. They can do much more, however: they enable detailed analyses of optical systems and thus help to understand their characteristics and behaviour. This is usually the basis for a target-oriented optimisation. Ray tracing with advanced software features, controlled and creatively utilised by the user, can lower the computing time by many orders of magnitude, and thus for the first time makes certain problems accessible to optics simulation."
Copyright 2007, Photonik. This paper is made available with permission of AT-Fachverlag GmbH. One print or electronic copy may be made for personal use only. Systematic or multiple reproduction, distribution to multiple locations via electronic or other means, duplication of any material in this paper for a fee or for commercial purposes, or modification of the content of the paper are prohibited.