Other Items of Interest
- No rays created by this emitter
- Error in MATCHE *** Entity number exceeds 30,000
- Error in IFSTCK *** IF...THEN...ENDIF nesting level exceeds 99
- ASAP Does Not Run on a Terminal Server
- Assuming micron equivalent to given wavelength is x.xx
- Beam height in waves
Max departure from orthogonal ray set
Article Type: Application Messages
Updated: Dec 21, 2005
Author(s): Breault Research Organization
Occurs with coherent sources when, for a variety of reasons, the parabasal rays begin to diverge and are no longer linear. The error is triggered whenever any invariant exceeds a prescribed value (0.1 waves is the default). Normally, if parabasal rays remain in a linear region about the base ray, several orthogonal invariants should be equal to zero.
Severity Level: Application Warning
Applies to: All versions of ASAP
Confirm that each Gaussian beam samples a small sufficient area of an optical element to remain locally quadratic to within an acceptable level of accuracy. You may need to DECOMPOSE the field earlier into a new set of Gaussian beams.