Breault Research Organization (BRO) Releases APEX 2011 V1R1; New Software Furthers BRO's Plan to Create a Concurrent Engineering Software Environment
TUCSON, Ariz.--DEC. 19, 2011--Breault Research Organization (BRO) has released an updated version of the company's APEX® optical engineering software, including optimization combined with non-sequential ray tracing. According to CEO Dr. Kevin Garcia, "The APEX 2011 V1R1 release furthers BRO's plan to create a concurrent engineering software environment for optical designers."
APEX 2011 V1R1 Release Highlights
- APEX 2011 Overview - New features and enhancements in APEX 2011 include a powerful optimization utility, source apodization from angular and positional inputs, a new Adjacent Media command for defining index differences between objects sharing a common interface, streamlined rayset creation from system sources, visualization of surfaces from Statistics reports, and enhanced visualization of 3D-spots data.
- Optimization Studies - The new optimization utility in APEX allows users to define targets, goals, constraints, merit functions, and exit criteria that automate the design workflow for maximizing system performance. With this exciting new feature, APEX users now have a familiar optimization workflow for the design and analysis of illumination systems in CAD-based, non-sequential ray-tracing software.
- Apodize Sources - Users may now apodize emitting objects, grid sources, and emitting data from angular and positional flux information in digitized graphics or data files, as well as preset and user-defined functions.
- Adjacent Media - The Adjacent Media feature and Media Manager utility now allows users to conveniently set the refractive index difference between two objects which share a common interface.
- Create Multiple Raysets - A new feature for quickly defining source raysets allows users to create additional raysets from sources already placed in a system through the Edit Source and Light Source Wizard dialogs.
- Highlight from Statistics - Ray interactions with system objects may now be visualized by highlighting and selecting rows in Statistics reports displaying ray trace details and ray locations following a ray trace.
- Overlay 3D-Spots Data - And enhanced visualization of 3D-spots data within Assembly files now allows users to overlay spots data on system geometry and organize these visualizations using the Optics Manager tree.
These and other enhancements and customer-requested changes make APEX 2011 a productivity enhancing release with design features that advance the state of the art in optical software.
Visit BRO's Web site to learn more about APEX Optical Software and other BRO products and services, including training courses and engineering consulting services:
About Breault Research Organization (BRO)
BRO is an optical engineering firm providing optical software products and training courses that help engineers turn creative visions into working prototypes. The company's own engineers work on beyond-state-of-the-art projects for Fortune 500 companies, research institutions, and top government labs. BRO has been recognized by the director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for technology export achievements, received Wells Fargo Copper Cactus Awards for Best Place to Work and Community Service, was named Arizona's 2010 Small Business Innovator of the Year, and has been commended by United States Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano for excellence in technology development. BRO is an ISO 9001:2008 registered company steadfastly committed to quality, innovation, and the success of its clients.
VP of Marketing
Breault Research Organization, Inc.
6400 E Grant Road, Suite 350
Tucson, Arizona 85715 USA
520.721.0500 voice x789