Breault Research Organization (BRO) provides optical engineering solutions across many industries with a combination of software products, training courses, and consulting services. Located in the heart of Optics Valley near the University of Arizona's Optical Sciences Center, BRO has been synonymous with optics since 1979. If you would like to know more about BRO and our opportunities, let's talk.
Sr. Optical Engineer
Review customer requirements for the purpose of writing proposals to win and execute projects which typically involve the application of optical engineering theory in the development of optical systems. Active involvement in projects to include doing design and analysis; leading technical teams; participating in design reviews; creating reports and other technical documents. This position includes both aspects of engineering and management; a candidate must have a thorough understanding of fundamental optics and practical engineering experience.
In this position, you will:
- Work customer-specified optical design and analysis projects that lead to prototype hardware.
- Interface with mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and optical technicians to develop integrated engineering solutions from customer-generated requirements.
- Conduct customer-required analysis of optical systems to include detailed stray light analyses, imaging and non-imaging illumination systems, and polarization and diffractive optical systems.
- Provide optical engineering solutions to minimize stray light in complex optical systems, and optimize the output of illumination systems.
- Develop technical documentation and reports for consulting projects.
- Comply with BRO's project and quality processes.
BRO aggressively seeks optical engineering projects in the commercial and military spaces and other developing markets. Typical projects include illumination designs, on- and off-axis telescopes, eye pieces, and analysis and improvement of existing optical systems. Many designs lead to prototype hardware. Some designs move on to production. Opportunities exist for engineers to get involved in the development of assembly and test procedures in order to demonstrate product performance to customer specifications.
Experience with ASAP or other Monte-Carlo ray trace simulation programs, and a solid understanding of different types of optical systems are required. Competitive candidates will have a minimum of a Masters in Physics, Optical Engineering or similar discipline, and 5+ years of experience and/or training.
What BRO Offers
Competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a company-paid medical plan for employees and their dependents, employee incentive plans, 401(K), and a team environment led by experts in their respective fields.
Exploring the Possibilities
BRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are interested in employment opportunities with BRO, please submit your resume.
Breault Research Organization, Inc.
Department of Human Resources
4400 East Broadway Blvd Suite 500
Tucson, Arizona 85711 USA
Fax: 520.721.9630, Attention: Human Resources
- Arizona Governor's 2010 Small Business Innovator of the Year, GCOI Awards
- Community Service (2007), Wells Fargo Copper Cactus Awards
- Best Place to Work (1998 & 2001), Wells Fargo Copper Cactus Awards
- Named one of Arizona's Fastest Growing Hi-Tech Companies