BRO tests off-the-shelf, customer-supplied products, or as part of our product development process will work with the customer to develop test plans. Test plans may include acceptance tests, design verification tests, Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), and Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS).
If necessary, BRO will purchase special test equipment or arrange for and supervise outsourced testing. The test phase ensures that the unit under test performs according to stated specifications.
BRO has a modern facility fully equipped for product testing, including:
- Two optics labs stocked with optical tables, mounts, light sources, etc.
- Electronic assembly/test room with electro-static discharge (ESD) safe benches and tools
- Illumination testing laboratory
- Special test equipment: power meters, CCD cameras, detectors, etc.
- High-Rate thermal chamber
- Wyko 400 interferometer to include a Heidenhain distance measuring system for radius measurements and various transmission flats and spheres
- Gamma Scientific DR-2000 for radiometric and photometric measurements
- Nikon alignment Telescope
- Shaker table
- Milling machine
- Granite vibration isolated test bench
Request a Quote
Please use the Engineering Services Web Quote Form to request a quote for the testing of your optical system.